Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Journey to Chicago, IL.

hiii! Oh yes. Current location: On the train (Amtrak) to Chicago!

The train's suddenly stopped in the middle of nowhere. Okay scenery. But a few houses scattered around. And the best part is, these houses have WIRELESS! Technology. Wow. I just managed to get on MSN to say hi to amma but I couldn't get her reply coz the signal is weak. But I'm still so surprised that there's a signal in the first place!

Anyway, we got to the station early, with lots of help from Yui Ern and Wei Yi. This photo was taken while waiting for the train.


Waiting for the train at Lafayette's Amtrak station.



Me inside the train.

It's really comfortable here. Much better than Greyhound. If only it wasn't so expensive! Luckily it's only about US$17 from Lafayette to Chicago. Otherwise the prices are at least 30 bucks! The other two got a $3 discount coz they've got ISIC cards, but I didn't get one coz I don't think we'll need it for any other journeys.

K, anyway, I'm gonna continue looking out at the lovely scenery. Hailin's sleeping behind me. And Suan Tin's also on the computer now. She just managed a voice chat too! Cool.

Looking forward to meeting Archu and her family in Chicago soon! I've gotten Chinni Aunty's number so I'll call her after reaching to find out plans. They live about 45 minutes away from Downtown Chicago. So we'll be looking around downtown till evening, say 7, and then leaving for their house. Can't wait! As soon as we reach Union Station, we'll be heading to the Greyhound terminal to pick up Hailin's ISE pal, Janny. She'll be with us in Chicago, after which she'll return to Canada I think. It'll be nice to meet her too! Lots of new friends :)

Right now the trees outside are wonderfully green. I think we might get our first taste of proper spring here. Oh, and also change our watches to ET-1 again! IN follows ET (Eastern Time) too. So it's a little confusing. Ok then, byee!

No comments: